IF YOUR LIFE IS AT RISK RIGHT NOW
If you feel like you might attempt suicide, or may have seriously harmed yourself, you need urgent medical help. Please:
- call 999 for an ambulance
- go straight to A&E, if you can
- or call your local crisis team, if you have their number.
If you can’t do this by yourself, ask someone to help you.
Mental health emergencies are serious. You’re not wasting anyone’s time.
A&E departments are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and anyone can visit them free of charge.
Not all hospitals have A&E departments – to find one near you, you can:
To get to A&E, you can:
- go directly to A&E – if it’s too far to walk you could take public transport, call a taxi or ask someone to give you a lift.
- call 999 and ask for an ambulance.